Thursday, May 19, 2011

Keep Writing

UPDATE: I actually started writing chapter one. Though I still feel a bit unsure, you know, shaky about where it is going, at least I'm writing. As long as I am writing, I am succeeding.

I can always swap parts around or edit /change things after. I can't do any of those things if I never write it in the first place.

~~~

I think that when you start a book, even if you have an outline, there are so many questions that it's easy to get discouraged. Where will the plot lead? How will I choose all the details?


But it's like writing in general, the more practice you get, the better your writing will be. As you get further into writing your book, your writing is bound to improve. Your link with each character becomes more solidified. The story starts to unfold, expanding and becoming real.

So just keep writing. Don't stop.

Worst case scenario, in the end you'll have a book that you need to edit a lot.
Best case, you'll have a book you only need to edit a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics