Thursday, June 2, 2011

Technique. Or Just Keep Writing and It Will Get Better

Sometimes I'm gung-ho with revisions. Not making a lot of progress further into the book but bulking up what's already done, splicing important details into the story as the characters develop.

Then I just get the basic plot and dialogue out for the next little bit, until the need for revisions floats back to the surface.

I can't seem to keep a schedule to save my life. And it seems I can't keep a writing technique for long either.

Oh well, as long as words are going on the pages, I at least have something to work with.

I enjoy the sense of accomplishment as the word count inflates, the characters start speaking for themselves, and the story starts to take shape.

If you can push yourself to just keep writing, you'll reach a similar sense of pride, of birth, and of completion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics